Guidance for attending the Masjid for individual prayers
North Manchester Jame’ Masjid has now made full preparations for the safe opening of its doors to the public from 18th June 2020 In-sha-Allah.
Note: Permission to enter the Masjid is ONLY for individual prayers and NOT prayers in Jama’at. All Congregational prayers / Jama’at prayers are not permitted by law until further notice.
Please help us to keep you safe by following the Guidance below:
- Please attend the masjid whilst maintaining the social distancing rules of 2 meters at all times.
- There will be a one-way system for entering and exiting the Masjid Gates. Please follow the signs on the Gates, the floor and the walls. You must enter through the College car park only and exit through the Masjid primary/small gate.
- To enter the Masjid building itself you must use the main doors only. To exit you must use the side Exit door located next to the Wudhu area. Follow the helpful signs on the walls.
- You must perform your Wudhu at home. The Wudhu area in the Masjid will be closed.
- You are required to wear a face mask and gloves. The masjid will provide a Mask for free however we recommend a small donation to help the Masjid during lockdown.
- You must bring a bag for shoes. Take your shoes off, place them in the bag and put them next to you while you are praying. The shoe rack area will be closed-off.
- You must bring your own prayer mat and take it back home with you to limit cross contamination.
- Once you enter and leave the Masjid you must use the hand sanitiser provided over your gloves. Please dispose of your gloves at home.
- Your temperature will be checked upon entry. If it is above normal you will be asked to go home and pray. Please protect others by respecting our decision.
- Once inside the prayer hall you must place your prayer mat on the 2 meter apart yellow marking. Pray individually. You must not attempt to form a congregation.
- Anyone forming a congregation will be immediately asked to stop since they will be breaking the law. They may be barred from attending the masjid until further notice.
- You must remain at least 2m apart and avoid any physical contact at all times whilst inside the masjid.
- Please read the blessed Qur’an on your phone or bring your own personal copy from home. The mosque copies will be out of use temporarily.
- Children under the age of 14 years and adults over the age of 70 or in the vulnerable categories will not be permitted in the Masjid for their own personal safety.
- Anyone showing covid-19 symptoms or those who have underlying health issues must not come to the masjid.
- The masjid will be supervised by Covid-19 trained staff who may ask you to wait outside to manage a safe flow rate inside the masjid. Please be patient and support the masjid by waiting in the 2m marked queuing area outside [in the College car park] until space becomes available.
- The Masjid will be open from 2.30 pm to 5 pm each day for individual prayers until further notice. The Masjid premises will be dis-infected on a daily basis after use.